Runaway lamp by Slovenian designer Nika Zupanc is a remedy for nomadic hearts that combats technology, conventions and assumptions bringing back the intimate pleasure of isolation. www.nikazupanc.com Thanks to its glossy surface and its small, foldable, almost fairy-tale form, Runaway lamp is the perfect companion for romantic creatures on the run and takes you on an emotional adventure the very minute you lay eyes on it. Indeed, the manual mechanism invite us to get away from it all – whether that is a failed romance or our culture’s obsession with all things digital. This diminutive object breaks the rules of contemporary traveling, bringing back the romance of isolation. In its basic function a portable lamp now becomes an enchanting companion but also a real saviour in the event of an electricity shortage. Winding a brass key like an old-style toy, a connected dynamo powers a LED light. Runaway Lamp works an antidote to the digital age its primary source of energy is a wind-up key. Runaway lamp was expertly designed so it can be smoothly folded into its glossy shade and used as a flashlight. Or as an inspiring call to action. www.nikazupanc.com – Photos © Nika Zupanc
Focus on… Ireland!
This month we explore some of the most intriguing Irish architecture, design and crafts. Stay tuned!
Discover out-of-the-box architecture and design fighting and reflecting on the pandemic emergency.
Join Archipanic newsletter
- THE NEW REALITY: ADORNO Gallery presents virtual design exhibitions from 14 European countries
- London Design Festival 2020: 5 COVID-19 related design exhibitions on show
- Lee Broom’s MAESTRO collection captures the functional elegance of musical instruments
- The collaborative UNITY installation by Marlène Huissoud highlights the power to be united during trouble times
- THE HOTHOUSE: Studio Weave creates an edible tropical jungle with a sustainable message in London
More Interior Design…
The best of interior design from retail to private homes... As long as it is conceived for everyday lives.